Candu offers environmental qualification (EQ) assessment and testing services to CANDU and other utilities. Environmental qualifications in nuclear plants provides assurance that safety-related equipment will perform in the harsh environments postulated for design basis accidents.
Equipment is tested to specified bounding conditions of temperature, pressure, humidity, and radiation with a strong focus on maximizing equipment performance. Environmental qualifications data can be directly applied to plant life assurance and life cycle management programs.
Our highly qualified team can:
- identify equipment requiring EQ qualification and definition of the requirements
- work with established and qualified testing facilities to test materials and equipment in the high temperature/pressure/radiation/humidity environments that may occur in nuclear stations
- provide materials selection expertise
- provide design advice to extend equipment service-life
- implement material control programs and “fingerprint” polymers
- develop databases and certify EQ equipment, instrumentation and cabling
- provide in-plant monitoring services (e.g. in-situ cable monitoring) to confirm EQ requirements and equipment operability